Showing all 9 results


cholesterolCholesterol is just one of many substances made and used by our bodies which is vital to keeping us healthy and functioning normally. Cholesterol is also referred to as hypercholesterolemia. The body produces cholesterol that we need naturally, while some comes from the food we consume on a daily basis.

When you have a larger amount of cholesterol than whats considered normal in the blood, it can cling to the walls of the arteries. This build up is known as Plaque and over time will restrict the arteries or even block them. That’s why when someone suffers from high cholesterol it can increase the risk of serious health issues including; heart attack and strokes.

People can be also be affected by our family medical history. Many people inherit genes from their mother, father or grandparents that can cause them to make too much cholesterol. This is known, as familial hypercholesterolemia, which can cause high cholesterol, in someone that eats healthily.

How do the treatments work?

Oral medications such as Zocor (simvastatin) and the generic version Simvastatin, will help lower cholesterol. It reduces the production of ‘bad’ LDL cholesterol produced by the liver, which decreases the cholesterol blood levels by up to 50 per cent. The higher level of HDL cholesterol in the blood will lower the chance of heart disease.

What else can I do to treat cholesterol?

Levels usually increase, as you age. There tends to be no visible signs or painful symptoms that you have high blood cholesterol. Doctors can take a blood test to determine if you have high cholesterol. There are many ways to treat and manage high cholesterol. Changing your diet, stop smoking, being active and doing more exercise can help.

What is high cholesterol?

There are two types: “good” and “bad”. Too much of one type or not enough can put you at risk for coronary heart disease, heart attack or stroke.

It is a waxy fat-like substance that’s found in all the cells within your body. Your liver and other cells make up 75% of blood cholesterol. The other 25% comes from food that you consume and is only found in animal products such as red meat, pork sausages, butter, lard, cakes, biscuits, hard cheese and cream, etc.

Cholesterol travels through your bloodstream by lipoproteins. Lipoproteins are made of fat (lipid) on the inside and proteins on the outside. There are two types of lipoproteins: low-density lipoproteins and high-density lipoproteins. Most people should have a healthy balance of both lipoproteins.

How do I purchase prescription medication online?

Buying cholesterol treatments online is easy. You will have to complete an online consultation to purchase any prescription medication. This is a free and short consultation from the privacy of your home. This replaces the face-to-face consult you would normally have with a doctor. Once you have been approved the medication will be sent out to you as soon as possible.

Cholesterol treatments